The 2.5-liter Nissan VQ25DET engine was produced for a very short time, from 2001 to 2004, and was installed on one single model of the company: the Stagea station wagon in the back of the M35. This turbocharged power unit developed 280 hp and 410 Nm of torque.
The engine was installed on:
- Nissan Stagea 2 (M35) in 2001 – 2004.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||280|
|Torque output, Nm||410|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||85|
|Piston stroke, mm||73.3|
|Timing drive||three chains|
|Phase regulator||at the CVTC intake|
|Turbocharging||one Garrett turbine|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 3/4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Nissan Stagea 2003)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the VQ25DET engine
- The engine is demanding on the quality of fuel and oils, saving will cost you dearly;
- Bad gasoline destroys the catalyst, the crumbs of which enter the combustion chamber;
- If the oil consumption exceeded 1 liter per 1000 km, then it means that there are scuffs on the walls of the cylinders;
- From overheating, the cylinder head quickly leads and warping of the mating surfaces begins;
- Closer to 200,000 km, noise appears in the area of \u200b\u200bthe timing chains, get ready for replacement.