The 2.9-liter Audi DECA bi-turbo engine has been assembled by the German concern since 2017 and is installed only on the current generation of such charged models as the RS4 or RS5. A similar turbo engine is installed on the Audi S6 and S7 as DKMB or Porsche cars as MDC.AB.
|Production years||since 2017|
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||450|
|Torque output, Nm||600|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||84.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||86|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||7.6|
|Euro standards||EURO 6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Audi RS5 2020)
|Engine lifespan, km||~200 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Audi RS4 B9 (8W) since 2017;
- Audi RS5 2 (F5) since 2017.
Disadvantages of the Audi DECA engine
- While the owners note only not the most efficient cooling system;
- There are complaints about electrical glitches, but flashing usually helps;
- There is no information on bullying, but on specialized forums it is advised to pour only high-octane gasoline;
- And do not forget to monitor the cleanliness of the radiators, they quickly become overgrown with dirt here.