The 2.9-liter Porsche MDC.AB bi-turbo engine has been assembled by the German concern since 2017 and is installed on the current generation of the Cayenne crossover, which is popular in many markets. A similar turbo unit is installed on charged versions of the Audi RS4 and RS5 under the DECA index.
EA839-line engines: MDC.AB, MDC.BE.
|Production years||since 2017|
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||440|
|Torque output, Nm||550|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||84.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||86|
|Phase regulator||on both shafts|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||8.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Porsche Cayenne S 2019)
|Engine lifespan, km||~220 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Porsche Cayenne 3 (9YA) since 2017;
- Porsche Cayenne 3 Coupe (9YB) since 2019.
Disadvantages of the Porsche MDC.AB engine
- So far, on specialized forums, the engines of this line are not particularly scolded, but the runs are small;
- There are a couple of complaints about electrical failures, especially the start-stop system is buggy;
- It is also necessary to monitor the cleanliness of the radiators, they quickly become overgrown with dirt.