The Porsche MDC.BE 3.0-liter turbo V6 engine has been produced at the Hungarian plant since 2017 and is installed on the base versions of the third generation of the Cayenne crossover, including the Cayenne Coupe. A similar turbo engine is installed on the Audi A6 and A7 as DLZA and on the A8 under the CZSE index.
EA839-line engines: MDC.AB, MDC.BE.
|Production years||since 2017|
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||340|
|Torque output, Nm||450|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||84.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||89|
|Phase regulator||on both shafts|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||7.3|
|Euro standards||EURO 6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Porsche Cayenne 2019)
|Engine lifespan, km||~240 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Porsche Cayenne 3 (9YA) since 2017;
- Porsche Cayenne 3 Coupe (9YB) since 2019.
Disadvantages of the Porsche MDC.BE engine
- On specialized forums, the engines of this series are not scolded, but the runs are still small;
- While there are complaints only about electrical failures, the start-stop system is usually buggy;
- Be sure to monitor the cleanliness of the radiators, they quickly overgrow with dirt.