The 3.0-liter turbocharged Audi CZSE 3.0 TFSI engine has been produced by the concern since 2017 and is installed only on the main modifications of the A8 sedan in the back of the D5 or the Q8 crossover. This motor is part of a hybrid power plant with a separate 48-volt network.
The EA839 series includes: CZSE, DLZA, CWGD, DECA.
|Production years||since 2017|
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||340|
|Torque output, Nm||500|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||84.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||89|
|Phase regulator||on all shafts|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||7.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Audi Q8 2019)
|Engine lifespan, km||~260 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Audi A8 D5 (4N) since 2017;
- Audi Q8 1 (4M) since 2018.
Disadvantages of the Audi CZSE engine
- This power unit has been produced not so long ago and there are no statistics of malfunctions.
- The intake manifold is integrated into the head of the block and a separate replacement is not possible.
- The turbocharger is located in the collapse of the cylinder block with the hot side inward.