The 6.0-liter 12-cylinder Audi BHT A8 W12 engine was produced from 2003 to 2010 and was installed on expensive trim levels of the A8 sedan in the back of the D3, including the extended version of the A8L. Other modifications of this motor under the BTE and BSB indices were also installed on this model.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||450|
|Torque output, Nm||580|
|Cylinder block||aluminum W12|
|Block head||aluminum 48v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||84|
|Piston stroke, mm||90.3|
|Phase regulator||on all shafts|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||12.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Audi A8L 2005)
|Engine lifespan, km||~240 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Audi A8 D3 (4E) in 2003 – 2010.
Disadvantages of the Audi BHT engine
- Closely monitor the cooling system, this motor is very afraid of overheating;
- Frequent overheating and low-quality oil lead to the formation of scoring in the cylinders;
- Raised cylinders begin to knock and immediately there is a large oil consumption;
- If you miss the drop in oil pressure, it will turn the liners pretty quickly;
- The timing chain drive has a limited resource, and for replacement you need to remove the engine.