The Volvo B3154T 1.5-liter 3-cylinder turbo engine was first introduced in 2017 and was installed in the XC40 compact crossover in the T3 modification until it was replaced by the B3154T2. A similar unit, but under the JLH-3G15TD index, is placed on the Geely Coolray.
The engine was installed on:
- Volvo XC40 I (536) in 2018 – 2019.
|Production years||since 2017|
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||156|
|Torque output, Nm||265|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R3|
|Block head||aluminum 12v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||82|
|Piston stroke, mm||93.2|
|Phase regulator||on both shafts|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.6|
|Euro standards||EURO 6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Volvo XC40 2019)
|Engine lifespan, km||~220 000|
Disadvantages of the B3154T engine
- The motor was installed only on the European versions of the XC40 and the breakdown statistics are insufficient;
- So far, the bulk of complaints are related to lubricant consumption;
- It is also advised to wash the fuel injectors every 60,000 km or they will fail;
- The timing belt changes every 120,000 km, but it is worth remembering that the valves are oppressed here;
- Also periodically there are leaks of seals or from under the valve cover.