The 1.9-liter Volkswagen AXB 1.9 TDI diesel engine was produced from 2003 to 2009 and was installed on the popular Caravelle and Transporter T5 minibuses. Such a diesel engine has become quite widespread.
The EA188-1.9 series also includes: AJM, ASZ, AUY, AVB, AVF, AWX, AXB, AXC, BKC, BLS, BXE.
|Power output, hp||105|
|Torque output, Nm||250|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 8v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||79.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||95.5|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.8|
|Euro standards||EURO 3/4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for VW Transporter 2006)
|Engine lifespan, km||~330 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Volkswagen Caravelle T5 (7H) in 2003 – 2009;
- Volkswagen Transporter T5 (7H) in 2003 – 2009.
Disadvantages of the VW AXB engine
- This is not a very powerful engine, up to a hundred the minibus accelerates in almost 20 seconds;
- And with reliability, everything is not bad with him, breakdowns happen only at high mileage;
- Due to low-quality oil, hydraulic lifters and camshafts can wear out quickly;
- Fastening nozzles with one bolt loosens over time and leaks appear;
- Servicemen refer to the turbine and tandem pump as potential weak points of the engine.