The 1.9-liter Volkswagen AUY 1.9 TDI engine was produced by the concern from 2000 to 2006 and was installed on the popular Sharan minivan and its clones: Ford Galaxy and Seat Alhambra. In 2006, this diesel unit gave way to a similar BVK engine under EURO 4.
The EA188-1.9 series also includes: AJM, ASZ, AUY, AVB, AVF, AWX, AXB, AXC, BKC, BLS, BXE.
|Power output, hp||115|
|Torque output, Nm||310|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 8v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||79.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||95.5|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.3|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for VW Sharan 2003)
|Engine lifespan, km||~330 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Galaxy 1 (V191) in 2000 – 2006;
- Seat Alhambra 1 (7M) in 2000 – 2006;
- Volkswagen Sharan 1 (7M) in 2000 – 2006.
Disadvantages of the VW AUY engine
- The service life of this engine directly depends on the quality of the oil used;
- Due to poor-quality lubrication, camshaft cams and hydraulic lifters wear out;
- Also, due to pollution, the geometry of the turbine often sticks and the EGR valve clogs;
- Weak fastening of unit-injectors with one bolt becomes loose and can leak;
- The VAG forums often discuss problems related to the tandem pump.