The 1.9-liter naturally aspirated VW 1X 1.9 D diesel engine was produced from 1990 to 1995 and installed on the basic modifications of the popular Transporter T4 minibus. This diesel engine was distinguished by great endurance, but it had a very phlegmatic character.
The EA086 series also includes: JK, JP, JX, SB, 1X, 1Y, AAZ, ABL.
|Power output, hp||60|
|Torque output, Nm||127|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 8v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||79.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||95.5|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.8|
|Euro standards||EURO 1|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for VW Transporter T4 1992)
|Engine lifespan, km||~550 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Volkswagen Transporter T4 (7D) in 1990 – 1995.
Disadvantages of the VW 1X engine
- Most of all, this motor is afraid of overheating, its aluminum cylinder head immediately cracks;
- Very often there are fuel leaks through the high-pressure fuel pump, gaskets wear out quickly;
- The timing belt resource is approximately 60,000 km, and when it breaks, the valves bend in 100% of cases;
- At high mileage, this diesel engine often consumes oil up to 1.5 liters per 1000 km;
- The rest of the engine problems are more often related to its age, and not to reliability.