The 2.0-liter Ford TPBA or Mondeo 4 2.0 EcoBoost engine was produced from 2010 to 2014 and was installed on a restyled version of the fourth generation of the popular Mondeo model. After the change of generations of the model, this power unit received a completely different R9CB index.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Mondeo Mk4 in 2010 – 2014.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||240|
|Torque output, Nm||340|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||87.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||83.1|
|Phase regulator||at inlet and outlet|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.4|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Mondeo 2014)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the TPBA engine
- The most famous engine problem is the destruction of the exhaust manifold;
- Debris from the exhaust is drawn into the turbine, which quickly disables it;
- Also, direct injection nozzles are often dirty here and valves are coked;
- The wrong choice of oil reduces the life of the phase regulators to 80 – 100 thousand km;
- Even in these turbo engines, burnout of the pistons due to detonation occurs periodically.