The 2.0-liter Ford TPWA turbo engine or 2.0 EcoBoost 240 was produced from 2010 to 2015 and was installed only on charged versions of the restyled first generation S-MAX minivan. A similar motor with the TPBA index was installed on the fourth generation of the Mondeo model.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford S-MAX Mk1 in 2010 – 2015.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||240|
|Torque output, Nm||340|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||87.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||83.1|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford S-MAX 2012)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the TPWA engine
- Direct injection system components often fail due to poor fuel;
- In the first years of production, there were cases of destruction of the piston due to detonation;
- The exhaust manifold often bursts, and its fragments can damage the turbine;
- The couplings of the phase regulators go astray after using non-original oil;
- Many owners have experienced oil leaks from the crankshaft rear oil seal.