The 1.7-liter diesel engine Renault-Nissan R9N or 1.7 dCi has been produced since 2018 and is installed on such popular models as Megane, Scenic, Talisman, Qashqai and X-trail. There are two diesel versions: dCi 120 and dCi 150 with 120 hp / 300 Nm and 150 hp / 340 Nm.
R-series diesels also include: R9M.
The engine was installed on:
- Renault Kadjar 1 (HA) since 2019;
- Renault Koleos 2 (HC) since 2019;
- Renault Megane 4 (XFB) since 2019;
- Renault Scenic 4 (JFA) since 2018;
- Renault Talisman 1 (L2M) since 2018;
- Nissan Qashqai 2 (J11) since 2019;
- Nissan X-Trail 3 (T32) since 2019.
|Production years||since 2018|
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||120 – 150|
|Torque output, Nm||300 – 340|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||80|
|Piston stroke, mm||87|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 6d|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Renault Talisman 2019)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the Renault R9N engine
- This power unit has just appeared and the statistics of its breakdowns have not yet been collected;
- Usually on such engines the most problems are with the particulate filter and the EGR valve;
- Timing chains on modern Renault-Nissan diesel engines often stretch to 150,000 km.