The 2.2-liter Nissan YD22DD diesel engine was produced by the company from 1998 to 2006 and was installed on the Ad and Expert station wagons, popular in the local automotive market. The power unit is equipped with an electronically controlled Bosch VP-44 high pressure fuel pump and develops 79 hp and 157 Nm.
Nissan YD22DDT was produced from 2000 to 2003 and was installed on the popular Almera family, including the modification of the increased capacity Tino. This unit quickly gave way to modern engines.
The YD series also includes internal combustion engines: YD22DDTi and YD25DDTi.
The engine was installed on:
- Nissan AD Van Y11 in 1999 – 2005 (YD22DD);
- Nissan Almera 2 (N16) in 2000 – 2003 (YD22DDT);
- Nissan Almera Tino 1 (V10) in 2000 – 2003 (YD22DDT);
- Nissan Expert W11 in 2000 – 2006 (YD22DD);
- Nissan X-Trail 1 (T30) in 2000 – 2003 (YD22DDT).
|Fuel system||NEO-Di direct injection|
|Power output, hp||79 (YD22DD)
110 – 115 (YD22DDT)
|Torque output, Nm||157 (YD22DD)
230 – 235 (YD22DDT)
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||86|
|Piston stroke, mm||94|
|Timing drive||double row chain|
Garrett GT1549S (YD22DDT)
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.2 (YD22DD)
|Euro standards||EURO 3/4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Nissan AD Van 2004)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
|Weight, kg||180 (YD22DD)
Disadvantages of the YD22DD/YD22DDT engine
- All the serious problems of this motor are somehow connected with the fuel system;
- With proper care, the injectors and high pressure fuel pump run for a long time, but their repair is expensive;
- At high mileage, many owners have to change the double-row timing chain;
- On the profile forum there are complaints about leaks from the rear crankshaft oil seal.