The 1.8-liter Nissan QG18DE engine (or QG18 for short) was produced at the company’s factories from 1998 to 2006 and was installed on the company’s mid-size models, such as Almera, Primera and others. The power unit had a 105 hp gas version. under its own index QG18DEN.
QG18DE engine was used in Nissan vehicles with high torque at low revs. Such an engine is considered very economical – fuel consumption is fixed at about 7 liters per 100 km, and 97% of the torque is produced by it in a low range of 2400-4800 rpm. Environmental cleanliness and low toxicity is ensured by a special design of the piston crown with a neutralizer surface of up to 50%.
The engine was installed on:
- Nissan Almera 2 (N16) in 2000 – 2006;
- Nissan Almera Tino 1 (V10) in 2000 – 2006;
- Nissan Avenir 2 (W11) in 1998 – 2005;
- Nissan Bluebird Sylphy N16 in 2000 – 2006;
- Nissan Primera 2 (P11) in 1998 – 2002;
- Nissan Primera 3 (P12) in 2001 – 2008;
- Nissan Sentra 5 (B15) in 2000 – 2006;
- Nissan Wingroad 2 (Y11) in 1999 – 2005.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||115 – 128|
|Torque output, Nm||158 – 175|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||80|
|Piston stroke, mm||88|
|Compression ratio||9.5 – 10|
|Phase regulator||at the N-VCT inlet|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||2.7|
|Euro standards||EURO 3/4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Nissan Primera 2005)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the QG18DE engine
- The timing chain delivers the most problems, often it rings already at 100,000 km;
- Next come complaints about oil consumption, which can start even at low mileage;
- Antifreeze leaks through the idle valve gasket directly to the ECU;
- For smooth operation of the motor, it is required to periodically clean the throttle and the EGR valve;
- The network describes cases of destruction of the catalyst with the tightening of the crumbs into the cylinder.