The 2.0-liter Nissan KA20DE engine (or KA20 for short) was assembled from 1999 to 2009 and is most often found under the hood of the Atlas truck, but is better known for the extensive series of Caravan minibuses. Another power unit was installed on pickup trucks of the Japanese concern.
The engine was installed on:
- Nissan Caravan E24 in 1999 – 2001;
- Nissan Caravan 5 (E25) in 2001 – 2007;
- Nissan Navara 2 (D22) in 1999 – 2004;
- Nissan Atlas 10 (F23).
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||120|
|Torque output, Nm||170|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||86|
|Piston stroke, mm||86|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.1|
|Euro standards||EURO 2/3/4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Nissan Caravan 2005)
|Engine lifespan, km||~340 000|
Disadvantages of the KA20DE engine
- This gasoline engine is very reliable, and its resource exceeds 300,000 km;
- After 200,000 kilometers, it may sometimes be necessary to replace the timing chain tensioner;
- Valve clearances require periodic adjustment, about once every 100 thousand km;
- The motor sump is easily crumpled when hitting an obstacle and blocks the oil receiver;
- This unit does not like cheap oil, carefully approach the choice of lubricant.