In 1988, the KA24 gasoline power units replaced the Z24 series. It is already problematic to buy the very first modifications of the KA24E internal combustion engine in our time, since their production was discontinued in 1991 due to modernization. Better known now is the 2.4-liter Nissan KA24DE engine, which was produced from 1993 to 2008 and is best known for Altima sedans, Presage minivans, Navara pickups and X-terra SUVs. This power unit was distinguished by good reliability, but increased fuel appetite.
The engine was installed on:
- Nissan 240SX S14 in 1994 – 1998;
- Nissan Altima U13 in 1993 – 1997;
- Nissan Altima 2 (L30) in 1997 – 2001;
- Nissan Bassara 1 (JU30) in 1999 – 2003;
- Nissan Bluebird U13 in 1993 – 1997;
- Nissan Navara 2 (D22) in 1997 – 2008;
- Nissan Presage 1 (U30) in 1998 – 2003;
- Nissan R’nessa N30 in 1997 – 2001;
- Nissan Serena C23 in 1993 – 2002;
- Nissan Xterra 1 (WD22) in 1999 – 2004.
|Cylinder block alloy||cast iron|
|Number of cylinders||4|
|Valves per cylinder||4|
|Piston stroke, mm||96|
|Cylinder bore, mm||89|
|Compression ratio||9.2 – 9.5|
|Power output, hp||140 – 155|
|Torque output, Nm / rpm||200 – 215|
|Euro standards||EURO 2/3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Nissan Altima 2000)
|Oil consumption, gr/1000 km||up to 500|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30 / 5W-40 / 10W-30 / 10W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.1|
|Oil change interval, km||15000|
|Engine lifespan, km||~350 000|
Nissan KA24DE was used to create many trucks and cars. The main part of the units was produced in Mexico in the city of Aguascalientes. The exceptions are engines marked U13 Bluebird, 240SX, 1994-97 Altima and FWD, which were assembled directly in Japan for vehicles manufactured in Australia.
- The reliability of the engine is at its best, only high fuel consumption annoys the owners.
- The timing chain usually goes up to 300,000 km, but its tensioner can give up even earlier.
- Too soft engine sump is afraid of impacts and often blocks the oil receiver.
- This engine categorically does not accept oils of dubious quality.
- Since there are no hydraulic lifters here, the valves have to be periodically adjusted.