The Mazda AJ-DE 3.0-liter V6 gasoline engine was produced by the company from 2000 to 2007 and was installed on many concern models for the American market, such as 6, MPV or Tribute. In its design, this power unit is similar to the Ford REBA engine, as well as the Jaguar AJ30.
The engine was installed on:
- Mazda 6 I (GG) in 2003 – 2007;
- Mazda MPV LW in 2002 – 2006;
- Mazda Tribute EP in 2000 – 2006.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||200 – 220|
|Torque output, Nm||260 – 270|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||89|
|Piston stroke, mm||79.5|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.7|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Mazda MPV 2005)
|Engine lifespan, km||~400 000|
Disadvantages of the Mazda AJ-DE engine
- This unit is famous for its high reliability, but also for its impressive fuel consumption;
- Monitor the condition of the mesh in the tank or your fuel pump will quickly fail;
- The water pump serves relatively little here, and radiators also regularly flow;
- Often there are lubricant leaks in the area of the oil pan and from under the cylinder head covers;
- After 200,000 km, oil consumption often appears due to the occurrence of piston rings.