The 3.0-liter diesel V6 Jeep EXN engine has been produced at the concern’s factories since 2016 and is put on the restyled Jeep Grand Cherokee 4 and Maserati Levante under the B630WM index. This power unit is an updated modification of the famous VM Motori A630 diesel engine.
|Production years||since 2016|
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||191 – 250|
|Torque output, Nm||434 – 569|
|Cylinder block||cast iron V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||83|
|Piston stroke, mm||92|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||7.7|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Jeep Grand Cherokee 2018)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Jeep Grand Cherokee 4 (WK2) in 2016 – 2020.
Disadvantages of the Jeep EXN engine
- Most of the complaints on the specialized forums are related to leaks and especially to the oil cooler.
- The pipes are not reliable and regularly burst, and all the hoses still leak.
- Due to the fault of bad fuel, the capricious high-pressure fuel pump fails and begins to drive chips.
- There were cases when, due to a leaky corrugation, the turbine overheated and failed.
- The weak points of the unit also include a particulate filter and an EGR system cooler.