The 2.0 liter diesel engine Fiat 198A5000 or 2.0 Multijet was assembled from 2008 to 2014 and installed in the second generation of the Bravo model, very popular in the European market. This power unit can also be found under the hood of a similar third-generation Lancia Delta.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||165|
|Torque output, Nm||360|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||83|
|Piston stroke, mm||90.4|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.9|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Fiat Bravo 2011)
|Engine lifespan, km||~270 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Fiat Bravo II (198) in 2008 – 2012;
- Lancia Delta III (844) in 2008 – 2014.
Disadvantages of the Fiat 198A5000 engine
- Often there is a rotation of the liners due to a drop in the performance of the oil pump;
- The reason is usually the wear of the pump gasket, which begins to pass air;
- The turbine serves here for a long time, but the boost air supply pipe often bursts;
- Closer to 100,000 km, all gaskets dry out and leaks of lubricant and antifreeze begin;
- As in many diesel engines, the diesel particulate filter and the EGR valve deliver regular chores.