The 1.6-liter diesel engine Fiat 198A2000 or 1.6 JTD was produced from 2008 to 2015 and was installed on the Bravo model, popular in Europe, and the third generation Lancia Delta. This power unit can also be found under the hood of the Alfa Romeo MiTo compact hatchback.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||120|
|Torque output, Nm||300 – 320|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||79.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||80.5|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.6|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Fiat Bravo 2010)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Alfa Romeo MiTo I (Type 955) in 2008 – 2015;
- Fiat Bravo II (198) in 2008 – 2014;
- Lancia Delta III (844) in 2008 – 2014.
Disadvantages of the Fiat 198A2000 engine
- The main problem of a diesel engine is the cranking of liners due to oil starvation.
- This is due to the wear of the oil pump or its gasket through which it is aired.
- The turbine runs well, but the supercharged air supply pipe often bursts.
- Also, oil and antifreeze leaks regularly occur here due to cracked gaskets.
- As in any modern diesel engine, a particulate filter and EGR cause a lot of trouble.