The 1.6-litre diesel engine Fiat 198A3000 or 1.6 Multijet was assembled from 2008 to 2018 and installed on such popular models as Bravo, Linea and commercial Doblo. Also, this unit was installed on a similar Opel Combo D under the index A16FDH or 1.6 CDTI.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||105|
|Torque output, Nm||290|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||79.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||80.5|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.9|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Fiat Doblo 2011)
|Engine lifespan, km||~270 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Fiat Bravo II (198) in 2008 – 2014;
- Fiat Doblo II (263) in 2009 – 2015;
- Fiat Linea I (323) in 2009 – 2018;
- (as A16FDH) Opel Combo D (X12) in 2012 – 2017.
Disadvantages of the Fiat 198A3000 engine
- In these diesel engines, due to oil starvation, liners are often rotated;
- The reason is the wear of the oil pump or its gasket through which it is aired;
- Also here the boost air supply pipe and the EGR heat exchanger often burst;
- Due to cracked gaskets in the engine, oil and antifreeze leaks regularly occur;
- As with all modern diesel engines, a lot of trouble is associated with a particulate filter and EGR.