The 5.7-liter V8 Dodge EZH or HEMI 5.7 engine has been produced at the plant in Mexico since 2008 and is installed on such popular company models as the Challenger, Charger, Grand Cherokee. This engine belongs to an updated line with a variable valve timing system VCT.
One of the main advantages of the EZH engine is a long service life. So, according to the manufacturer, when using high-quality fuels and lubricants and timely replacement of consumables, the internal combustion engine can travel at least 350 thousand kilometers without a major overhaul.
In the timing system, engineers used a chain, which greatly increases the life of the unit and reduces the likelihood of valve jams.
The engine was installed on:
- Chrysler 300C 1 (LX) in 2008 – 2010;
- Chrysler 300C 2 (LD) in 2011 – …;
- Dodge Charger 1 (LX) in 2008 – 2010;
- Dodge Charger 2 (LD) in 2011 – …;
- Dodge Challenger 3 (LC) in 2008 – …;
- Dodge Durango 3 (WD) in 2010 – …;
- Dodge Ram 4 (DS) in 2009 – …;
- Jeep Commander 1 (XK) in 2008 – 2010;
- Jeep Grand Cherokee 3 (WK) in 2008 – 2010;
- Jeep Grand Cherokee 4 (WK2) in 2010 – …
|Cylinder block alloy||cast iron|
|Number of cylinders||8|
|Valves per cylinder||2|
|Block head||aluminum, 16v|
|Piston stroke, mm||90.9|
|Cylinder bore, mm||99.5|
|Power output, hp||355 – 395|
|Torque output, Nm||525 – 555|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Dodge Charger 2012)
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.7|
|Engine lifespan, km||~350 000|
Disadvantages of the EZH engine
- With reliability, such engines are all right, but fuel consumption is high;
- Proprietary MDS system and hydraulic lifters love oil type 0W-20 and 5W-20;
- From low-quality fuel, the EGR valve can quickly become clogged and start to stick;
- Often the exhaust manifold leads here, so much so that the studs of its fastening burst;
- Many owners experience strange sounds, they are called Hemi ticking.