The Audi CTSA 2.5-liter turbo engine or RS Q3 2.5 TFSI was produced from 2013 to 2015 and was installed only on a charged modification of the Q3 model in the 8U body, known as the RS. Updated versions of this engine with a capacity of 340 hp and 367 hp have CZGA and CZGB indices.
The EA855 series includes: BGP, CBTA, CEPA, CTSA.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||310|
|Torque output, Nm||420|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R5|
|Block head||aluminum 20v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||82.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||92.8|
|Phase regulator||on both shafts|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Audi RS Q3 2014)
|Engine lifespan, km||~230 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Audi Q3 1 (8U) in 2013 – 2015.
Disadvantages of the Audi CTSA engine
- The timing chain serves quite a bit in the engine, sometimes it stretches to 100,000 km.
- The valves here are quickly overgrown with soot due to the presence of a direct injection system.
- The adsorber valve periodically fails and it is better to replace the entire assembly.
- The crankcase ventilation requires regular cleaning or it will clog and leak.
- Also, often grease can ooze from under the valve cover and timing side cover.