The 2.5-liter Audi CEPA 2.5 TFSI turbo engine was produced by the concern from 2009 to 2014 and was installed on a charged modification of the TT RS model in the 8J body, and also the RS3 in the 8P body. There is a version of this power unit with a capacity of 360 hp under its CEPB index.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||340|
|Torque output, Nm||450|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R5|
|Block head||aluminum 20v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||82.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||92.8|
|Phase regulator||on both shafts|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Audi RS3 2012)
|Engine lifespan, km||~220 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Audi RS3 2 (8P) in 2011 – 2013;
- Audi TT 2 (8J) in 2009 – 2014.
Disadvantages of the Audi CEPA engine
- The timing chain has a modest resource here, often it stretches to 100,000 km;
- Due to the direct fuel injection system, intake valves quickly coke;
- Quite often, the adsorber valve fails, usually the entire assembly is changed;
- We advise you to regularly clean the crankcase ventilation or it will become clogged and leaks will appear;
- Also, oil here often oozes from under the valve cover and timing side cover.