The 3.0-liter Audi CRTC 3.0 TDI diesel engine was assembled by the concern from 2015 to 2018 and installed on European modifications of such popular models as the A4, A5 or Q7. This motor belonged to the updated EVO series, which quickly gave way to the EVO-2.
The EA897 series also includes: CJMA, CDUC, CDUD, CRCA, CRTC, CVMD, DCPC.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||272|
|Torque output, Nm||600|
|Cylinder block||cast iron V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||83|
|Piston stroke, mm||91.4|
|Features||2 x DOHC|
|Timing drive||three chains|
|Turbocharging||GTD 2060 VZ|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||8.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Audi A4 B9 2017)
|Engine lifespan, km||~340 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Audi A4 B9 (8W) in 2015 – 2018;
- Audi A5 2 (F5) in 2016 – 2017;
- Audi Q7 2 (4M) in 2015 – 2018.
Disadvantages of the Audi CRTC engine
- In the first place are failures in the operation of a modern CR system with piezo injectors;
- The following are all problems associated with contamination of the particulate filter or EGR;
- Also on specialized forums they complain about regular leaks of lubricant and coolant;
- By a run of 250 – 300 thousand km, they can already stretch out and require replacement of the timing chain.