The 2.0-liter Volkswagen BRT 2.0 TDI engine was produced by the concern from 2005 to 2010 and was installed on the rather popular Sharan minivan and its clone Seat Alhambra. This diesel unit is known for the problem with the rapid wear of the oil pump hexagon.
|Power output, hp||140|
|Torque output, Nm||310|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 8v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||81|
|Piston stroke, mm||95.5|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.3|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Volkswagen Sharan 2007)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Volkswagen Sharan 1 (7M) in 2005 – 2010;
- Seat Alhambra 1 (7M) in 2005 – 2010.
Disadvantages of the VW BRT engine
- A known engine problem is rapid wear on the hex of the oil pump;
- Unit-injectors have a good resource of 200 – 250 thousand km, but replacement is not cheap;
- Also, this diesel engine can consume up to 1 liter of oil per 1000 kilometers;
- From pollution, the geometry of the turbine often wedges here and there are dips in thrust;
- Another cause of unstable engine operation is a clogged particulate filter.