The 2.0-liter Volkswagen BKP 2.0 TDI engine was produced by the concern from 2005 to 2008 and was installed on a rather popular Passat model in the B6 body. This diesel engine stood out among analogues with piezoelectric unit injectors.
The EA188-2.0 series also includes: BKD, BKP, BMM, BMP, BMR, BPW, BRE, BRT.
|Fuel system||unit injectors|
|Power output, hp||140|
|Torque output, Nm||320|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||81|
|Piston stroke, mm||95.5|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.3|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for VW Passat 2006)
|Engine lifespan, km||~275 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Volkswagen Passat B6 (3C) in 2005 – 2008.
Disadvantages of the VW BKP engine
- Many motor failures are associated with piezoelectric unit injectors;
- Also this engine did not pass the known problem with the hex of the oil pump;
- This power unit can also consume oil up to 1 liter per 1000 km;
- Due to pollution, the geometry of the turbine often wedges and there are dips in thrust;
- At high mileage, the particulate filter and the EGR valve are often completely clogged.