The 1.0-liter 16-valve Suzuki F10D engine was produced in India from 1999 to 2010 and was put on a couple of the company’s most popular models produced by Maruti: Alto 5 and Wagon R. This power unit is known for deliveries of Indian Alto to Europe.
|Power output, hp||60 – 65|
|Torque output, Nm||80 – 85|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||68.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||72|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 2/3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Suzuki Alto 2005)
|Engine lifespan, km||~320 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Suzuki Alto 5 in 2001 – 2010;
- Suzuki Wagon R in 1999 – 2010.
Disadvantages of the Suzuki F10D engine
- The unit was developed and produced in India, there are problems with service and spare parts;
- The motor does not like bad fuel, candles quickly deteriorate and nozzles clog;
- Two-pin ignition coils also do not shine with reliability, but are not cheap;
- Fluctuating rpm is usually caused by a dirty throttle body;
- There are no hydraulic lifters, valve clearances need to be adjusted every 30 thousand km.