The 2.0-liter Suzuki D20AA or 2.0 DDiS engine was produced by the concern from 2009 to 2014 and was installed on the European version of the first generation SX4 crossover after restyling. This power unit is essentially another version of the Fiat 2.0 JTD diesel.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||135|
|Torque output, Nm||320|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||83|
|Piston stroke, mm||90.4|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.9|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Suzuki SX4 2012)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Suzuki SX4 1 (GY) in 2009 – 2014.
Disadvantages of the D20AA engine
- The network describes many cases of cranking liners due to oil starvation;
- The main reason is the airing of the oil pump due to its cracked gasket;
- The antifreeze channel here passes through the manifold and it can seep into the intake;
- The turbine is very reliable, but the boost air pipe often bursts;
- Other weak points: diesel particulate filter, EGR valve and perpetually leaking heat exchanger.