The 1.6-liter Suzuki D16AA or 1.6 DDiS diesel engine was produced from 2013 to 2018 and was installed on European versions of such popular models as the second generation Vitara and SX4. This motor was essentially just another version of the Fiat 1.6 JTD power unit.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||120|
|Torque output, Nm||320|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||79.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||80.5|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.6|
|Euro standards||EURO 6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Suzuki Vitara 2017)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Suzuki SX4 2 (JY) in 2013 – 2018;
- Suzuki Vitara 4 (LY) in 2015 – 2018.
Disadvantages of the D16AA engine
- A known but rare problem with these engines is airing the oil pump.
- The reason for this is the drying of the sealing ring between the oil intake and the pump.
- Also here there is fuel getting into the lubricant when burning the particulate filter.
- After 100 thousand km, the EGR cooler often leaks, and sometimes its casing simply bursts.
- At high mileage, the EGR valve often becomes completely clogged and jammed.