The 2.5-liter Renault N7U gasoline engine was produced in Sweden from 1996 to 2000 and was installed only on a restyled version of the popular Safrane model on the European market. This power unit is essentially a Volvo engine known under the index B5244S.
The N-series also includes: N7Q.
The engine was installed on:
- Renault Safrane 1 (B54) in 1996 – 2000.
|Power output, hp||165|
|Torque output, Nm||211|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R5|
|Block head||aluminum 20v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||83|
|Piston stroke, mm||90|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 2|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Renault Safrane 1998)
|Engine lifespan, km||~350 000|
Disadvantages of the Renault N7U engine
- The most famous problem with this motor is oil leakage from the oil separator;
- Also, due to clogged crankcase ventilation, a decent oil consumption may appear;
- Change the timing belt more often than the prescribed 120,000 km, since when it breaks, the valves bend;
- Do not allow the power unit to overheat, the gasket breaks through here very quickly;
- Other weak points of the engine include its supports, pump, thermostat and fuel pump.