The 1.6-liter Peugeot EP6CB or 5FK engine was produced by the company from 2010 to 2018 and was installed only on a number of versions of the Peugeot Partner or the second generation Citroen Berlingo. Modifications of such a motor to Euro 6 environmental standards in some sources have the EP6F index.
Atmospheric engines of the Prince family: EP3, EP3C, EP6, EP6C, EP6CB.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||98|
|Torque output, Nm||152|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||77|
|Piston stroke, mm||85.8|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.2|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Peugeot Partner Tepee 2017)
|Engine lifespan, km||~240 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Peugeot Partner II (B9) in 2010 – 2018;
- Citroen Berlingo II (B9) in 2010 – 2018.
Disadvantages of the EP6CB engine
- This is a greatly simplified version of the EP6C engine, but it still has enough problems.
- The timing chain and its tensioner are distinguished by a modest resource, often less than 100 thousand km.
- Often there is an oil burner, usually due to the occurrence of rings or wear of caps.
- Also, all units of this family are prone to regular oil and antifreeze leaks.
- The weak points of this motor include a thermostat and an ever-flowing water pump.