The Mazda S5-DPTS or Skyactiv-D 1.5-liter diesel engine was introduced at the 2014 auto show and has since been installed in the most compact Demio or Mazda 2 model, as well as the CX-3 crossover. There is a modification of this diesel engine with the i-ELOOP recovery system under the S5-DPTR index.
The engine was installed on:
- Mazda 2 DJ since 2014;
- Mazda 3 BM in 2014 – 2018;
- Mazda CX-3 DK in 2015 – 2018.
|Production years||since 2014|
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||105|
|Torque output, Nm||220 – 270|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||76|
|Piston stroke, mm||82.6|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.1|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Mazda 2 2015)
|Engine lifespan, km||~240 000|
Disadvantages of the S5-DPTS engine
- There was a recall campaign in connection with the ingress of oil into the intake at high speeds;
- Most of the problems described on the specialized forums are associated with the vagaries of the particulate filter;
- During the burning of the particulate filter, the oil level in this engine may rise sharply;
- If you burn too often, the oil will thin out, which is dangerous for the engine;
- Owners also complain about periodically highly variable fuel consumption.