The 2.2-liter Honda N22B diesel engine was produced by the company from 2008 to 2015 and was installed on European versions of such popular models as the Civic, Accord or CR-V. This power unit was offered in two different versions with a capacity of 150 or 180 hp.
The engine was installed on:
- Honda Accord 8 (CU) in 2008 – 2015;
- Honda Civic 9 (FB) in 2011 – 2013;
- Honda CR-V 3 (RE) in 2009 – 2012;
- Honda CR-V 4 (RM) in 2012 – 2014.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||150 (N22B1, N22B3, N22B4)
|Torque output, Nm||350 (N22B1, N22B3, N22B4)
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||85|
|Piston stroke, mm||96.9|
|Turbocharging||Garrett GTB1449VLZ (N22B1, N22B3, N22B4)
|Recommended engine oil||0W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Honda Accord 2010)
|Engine lifespan, km||~240 000|
Disadvantages of the Honda N22B engine
- On specialized forums, the most complaints are about capricious piezoelectric nozzles;
- Next in popularity are frequent problems with the particulate filter and the EGR valve;
- Change the fuel filter regularly or the booster pump will fail;
- Also, this unit does not like severe frosts and in winter its operation is difficult.