The 2.0-liter Land Rover 204DTD diesel engine has been assembled in the UK since 2015 and is installed on almost all modern models of the company such as Discovery Sport, Evoque, Velar. On Jaguar cars, this unit is known under its own index AJ200D.
Ingenium-series engines: PT204, 204DTA, 204DTD.
|Production years||since 2015|
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||150 – 180|
|Torque output, Nm||380 – 430|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||83|
|Piston stroke, mm||92.35|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Range Rover Evoque 2017)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Land Rover Discovery 5 (L462) in 2017 – 2018;
- Land Rover Discovery Sport 1 (L550) since 2015;
- Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 1 (L538) in 2015 – 2019; Evoque 2 (L551) since 2019;
- Land Rover Range Rover Velar 1 (L560) since 2017.
Disadvantages of the Land Rover 204DTD engine
- The engine has been produced not so long ago, but has already been noted for a not very high resource;
- In the engines of the first years, the balancer bearings quickly wore out and began to buzz;
- The timing chain often serves less than 150 thousand km, and is located on the flywheel side;
- On a run of more than 200,000 km, wear and sagging of cast-iron sleeves is common;
- The remaining problems of this diesel are related to the EGR valve and the particulate filter.