The 2.0-liter Land Rover 204DTA diesel engine has been assembled in the UK since 2017 and installed on many popular models of the concern, such as Discovery, Evoque, Defender. On cars from Jaguar, this power unit is placed under its own index AJ200D.
Ingenium-series engines: PT204, 204DTA, 204DTD.
|Production years||since 2017|
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||200 – 240|
|Torque output, Nm||430 – 500|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||83|
|Piston stroke, mm||92.35|
|Phase regulator||at the intake|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||7.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Range Rover Evoque 2020)
|Engine lifespan, km||~220 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Land Rover Defender 2 (L663) since 2019;
- Land Rover Discovery 5 (L462) since 2017;
- Land Rover Discovery Sport 1 (L550) since 2015;
- Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 1 (L538) in 2017 – 2019; Evoque 2 (L551) since 2019;
- Land Rover Range Rover Sport 2 (L494) in 2017 – 2018;
- Land Rover Range Rover Velar 1 (L560) since 2017.
Disadvantages of the Land Rover 204DTA engine
- The motor appeared in 2017 and the problem with the balancer bearings passed it;
- However, cases of premature wear of the cylinder surface still exist;
- Also, on long runs, subsidence of cast-iron sleeves is regularly found here;
- The timing chain resource often does not exceed 150 thousand km;
- Due to failures during the regeneration of the particulate filter, diesel fuel enters the oil.