The company assembled the Hyundai-Kia G4HE 1.0-liter gasoline engine from 2004 to 2011 and installed it only on the first generation of the compact Picanto model throughout the entire production period. This motor is part of the iRDE series, the advantage of which is considered to be low fuel consumption.
The engine was installed on:
- Kia Picanto 1 (SA) in 2004 – 2011.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||62|
|Torque output, Nm||86|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 12v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||66|
|Piston stroke, mm||73|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 3/4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Kia Picanto 2005)
|Engine lifespan, km||~240 000|
Disadvantages of the Kia G4HE engine
- Until 2009, defective crankshafts were installed, dealers often changed them under warranty;
- It simply cut off the crankshaft key, the gear shifted and the timing phases got off;
- You also need to monitor the cleanliness of the radiator, it immediately leads the head from overheating;
- The reason for floating engine speeds is usually a dirty throttle assembly or idle speed controller;
- The weak points of the engine include a very low resource of candles and unreliable wiring.