The 1.1-liter 12-valve Hyundai G4HD engine was produced by the concern from 2002 to 2014 and was installed only on Atos Prime and basic modifications of the Getz hatchback before restyling. There were two versions of the unit, different in power, and the older one at 46 kW was usually called the G4HD-46.
The engine was installed on:
- Hyundai Atos 1 (MX) in 2003 – 2014;
- Hyundai Getz 1 (TB) in 2002 – 2005.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||59 – 62|
|Torque output, Nm||89 – 94|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 12v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||67|
|Piston stroke, mm||77|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.1|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Hyundai Getz 2004)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the Hyundai G4HD engine
- This motor has no structural problems, though you can’t call it a resource;
- The main thing is to monitor the cleanliness of the radiators, from overheating immediately leads the block head;
- Engine speed often floats due to contamination of the throttle and idle speed controller;
- Candles serve very little here, and the insulation of the wires is also quickly destroyed;
- After 250 thousand km, an overhaul is often already required and there are repair dimensions.