The 4.2-liter Jaguar AJ34S or 4.2 Supercharged engine was produced from 2006 to 2009 and was installed on the charged modification of the XK model under the XKR index, and for another year on the XFR. This motor is an updated version of the AJ33S and is distinguished by the presence of VVT phase regulators.
AJ-V8 series: AJ126, AJ27, AJ27S, AJ28, AJ33, AJ33S, AJ34, AJ34S, AJ133, AJ133S.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||420|
|Torque output, Nm||560|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V8|
|Block head||aluminum 32v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||86|
|Piston stroke, mm||90.3|
|Phase regulator||VVT at the intake|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||7.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Jaguar XKR 2008)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Jaguar XF 1 (X250) in 2008 – 2009;
- Jaguar XK 2 (X150) in 2006 – 2009.
Disadvantages of the Jaguar AJ34S engine
- The aluminum motor is very afraid of overheating, so keep the radiator clean;
- VVT phase regulators have a limited resource, sometimes less than 100,000 km;
- The crankcase ventilation valve clogs quickly, which immediately leads to high oil consumption;
- Periodic cleaning is required here for the throttle assembly and fuel injectors;
- At high mileage, antifreeze leaks often occur due to burst pipes.