The Jaguar AJ28 4.0-liter V8 petrol engine was produced by the company from 1999 to 2002 and installed only on advanced modifications of the S-Type sedan before its first restyling. This motor was a variation of the AJ26 unit, which was installed on the XK sports model.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||276|
|Torque output, Nm||378|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V8|
|Block head||aluminum 32v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||86|
|Piston stroke, mm||86|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Jaguar S-Type 2000)
|Engine lifespan, km||~400 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Jaguar S-Type 1 (X200) in 1999 – 2002.
Disadvantages of the Jaguar AJ28 engine
- The first motors of this series were with nikasil, but the AJ28 version with cast iron sleeves;
- The timing chain is distinguished by a low resource, sometimes it serves less than 100 thousand km;
- Also, the engine ECU often fails here and it is better to immediately fill in the latest firmware;
- This engine is afraid of overheating, monitor the condition of the radiators, pump and thermostat;
- The remaining problems are related to sensor glitches and leaks of lubricant or antifreeze.