The company assembled the 4.2-liter Jaguar AJ33S 4.2 Supercharged engine from 2002 to 2009 and put on charged modifications of such popular models as the XKR, XJR or S-Type R. It was on the basis of this power unit that the Land Rover 428PS compressor engine was created.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||395|
|Torque output, Nm||540|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V8|
|Block head||aluminum 32v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||86|
|Piston stroke, mm||90.3|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||7.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Jaguar S-Type R 2007)
|Engine lifespan, km||~350 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Jaguar S-Type 1 (X200) in 2002 – 2007;
- Jaguar XJ 7 (X350) in 2003 – 2009;
- Jaguar XK 1 (X100) in 2002 – 2006.
Disadvantages of the Jaguar AJ33S engine
- This is an aluminum motor and it is afraid of overheating, keep an eye on the cooling system;
- The compressor water pump has a small resource;
- The crankcase ventilation valve here quickly clogs, which results in a large consumption of lubricant;
- It is necessary to clean the throttle and injectors regularly or the engine speed will float;
- Also, various nozzles constantly burst, which leads to air leaks.