The 3.5-liter Hyundai G6DV or Smartstream G3.5T e-S/C engine has been produced since 2022 and is currently only installed on long-wheelbase versions of second-generation Genesis G90 sedans. This engine, in addition to twin turbocharging, is also equipped with an electric compressor.
|Production years||since 2022|
|Fuel system||GDi + MPi|
|Power output, hp||415|
|Torque output, Nm||549|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||92|
|Piston stroke, mm||87|
|Phase regulator||Dual CVVT|
|Turbocharging||TwinTurbo + e-S/C|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||7.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Genesis G90 2022)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Genesis G90 2 (RS4) since 2022.
Disadvantages of the Hyundai G6DV engine
- On specialized forums, only single failures in the electrical part are discussed.
- All aluminum V6 in this series are afraid of overheating, so keep an eye on cooling.
- So far, no one has complained about oil consumption, but in general the engines of this line are prone to it.
- Hydraulic compensators are provided here and valve clearance adjustment is not required.