The 3.5-liter V6 engine Hyundai G6DU or Smartstream G 3.5 MPi has been produced since 2020 and is installed on such popular concern models as Santa Fe, Staria, Sorento and Carnival. In Korea, the gas version of this engine called Smartstream L 3.5 LPi is very popular.
Lambda 3.5L family: G6DC, G6DS, G6DU, G6DT, G6DV.
The engine was installed on:
- Hyundai Santa Fe 4 (TM) since 2020;
- Hyundai Staria 1 (US4) since 2021;
- Kia Carnival 4 (KA4) since 2020;
- Kia K8 1 (GL3) since 2021;
- Kia Sorento 4 (MQ4) since 2020.
|Production years||since 2020|
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||250 – 272|
|Torque output, Nm||331|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||92|
|Piston stroke, mm||87|
|Phase regulator||Dual CVVT|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.1|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Kia Carnival 2022)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
|Weight, kg||202 (with attachments)|
Disadvantages of the Hyundai G6DU engine
- While on specialized forums he is praised, including for moderate fuel consumption;
- The main thing is to monitor the cooling system, aluminum units are afraid of overheating;
- Still interested in oil consumption, as this is the main problem of engines of this series;
- Hydraulic lifters finally appeared and valve clearance adjustment is not required.