The 2.4-liter Dodge ED4 turbo engine was produced at the company’s factories from 2007 to 2009 and was installed only on a charged version of the Caliber SRT4 model for the US and European markets. This unit is not very widespread and is a real exclusive.
The engine was installed on:
- Dodge Caliber SRT4 (PM) in 2007 – 2009.
|Power output, hp||285|
|Torque output, Nm||359|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||88|
|Piston stroke, mm||97|
|Phase regulator||Dual VVT|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.3|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Dodge Caliber SRT4 2008)
|Engine lifespan, km||~230 000|
Disadvantages of the ED4 engine
- For a turbo engine, this power unit is quite reliable and does not cause much trouble;
- Its weaknesses include an unreliable electronic throttle and a thermostat unit;
- Also, the fuel pump and crankshaft pulley damper are distinguished by a modest resource here;
- By 200,000 km, the timing chain is often extended or oil consumption appears;
- Hydraulic compensators are not provided and the valves periodically need adjustment.