The 2.0-liter Dodge ECE or 2.0 CRD diesel engine was produced from 2006 to 2011 and was installed on European versions of such popular models as Compass, Caliber or Journey. This motor was one of the variants of the Volkswagen 2.0 TDI diesel, which is known as BWD.
The Volkswagen series also includes internal combustion engines: ECD.
The engine was installed on:
- Dodge Caliber 1 (PM) in 2006 – 2011;
- Dodge Journey 1 (JC) in 2008 – 2011;
- Jeep Compass 1 (MK) in 2007 – 2010;
- Jeep Patriot 1 (MK) in 2007 – 2010.
|Fuel system||injector pump|
|Power output, hp||140|
|Torque output, Nm||310|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||81|
|Piston stroke, mm||95.5|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.3|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Dodge Journey 2009)
|Engine lifespan, km||~280 000|
Disadvantages of the ECE engine
- The main part of the problems is delivered by the vagaries of piezoelectric pump injectors;
- Also, due to pollution, the geometry of the turbocharger quite often wedges here;
- The timing belt runs 120,000 km, and its breakage most often ends with a major overhaul;
- On the forums, owners complain about oil consumption up to 1 liter per thousand km;
- As in any modern diesel engine, a particulate filter and EGR cause a lot of trouble.