The 4.2-liter Audi CDRA or A8 4.2 FSI engine was produced by the concern from 2009 to 2012 and was installed only on the popular A8 sedan in the D4 body before its restyling. A similar motor on the second generation of the Touareg crossover has its own CGNA index.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||372|
|Torque output, Nm||445|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V8|
|Block head||aluminum 32v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||84.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||92.8|
|Phase regulator||on all shafts|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||7.7|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Audi A8 2011)
|Engine lifespan, km||~270 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Audi A8 D4 (4H) in 2009 – 2012.
Disadvantages of the Audi CDRA engine
- Saving on the quality of fuel and oils here often leads to the formation of scoring;
- Many engine problems are related to coking due to the direct injection system;
- Around 200,000 km, timing chains can already stretch, and replacing them is difficult and expensive;
- The plastic intake manifold often cracks and loses its tightness;
- Another weak point of this motor is the oil separator and ignition coils.