The 1.6-liter 16-valve Volvo D4164T or 1.6 D engine was produced from 2005 to 2010 and was installed on such popular models of the Swedish company as C30, S40, S80, V50 and V70. Such a power unit is one of the varieties of the Peugeot DV6TED4 diesel engine.
The PSA diesel line also includes: D4162T.
The engine was installed on:
- Volvo C30 I (533) in 2006 – 2010;
- Volvo S40 II (544) in 2005 – 2010;
- Volvo S80 II (124) in 2009 – 2010;
- Volvo V50 I (545) in 2005 – 2010;
- Volvo V70 III (135) in 2009 – 2010.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||109|
|Torque output, Nm||240|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||75|
|Piston stroke, mm||88.3|
|Timing drive||chain & belt|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.75|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Volvo V50 2007)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the D4164T engine
- On engines of the first years of production, camshaft cams quickly wore out;
- Also, the chain between the camshafts was often extended, which knocked down the timing phases;
- The turbine often fails, usually due to clogging of its oil filter;
- The reason for carbon formation here is in weak refractory washers under the nozzles;
- The remaining problems are associated with contamination of the particulate filter and the EGR valve.