The 1.6-liter 8-valve Volvo D4162T or 1.6 D2 engine was produced from 2010 to 2016 and was installed on such popular models of the Swedish concern as S40, S60, S80, V40, V50 and V70. This power unit was, in fact, one of the modifications of the Peugeot DV6C diesel engine.
The PSA diesel line also includes: D4164T.
The engine was installed on:
- Volvo C30 I (533) in 2010 – 2012;
- Volvo S40 II (544) in 2010 – 2012;
- Volvo S60 II (134) in 2011 – 2015;
- Volvo S80 II (124) in 2011 – 2016;
- Volvo V40 II (525) in 2012 – 2015;
- Volvo V50 I (545) in 2010 – 2012;
- Volvo V60 I (155) in 2011 – 2015;
- Volvo V70 III (135) in 2011 – 2015.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||114|
|Torque output, Nm||270|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 8v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||75|
|Piston stroke, mm||88.3|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.9|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Volvo V40 2014)
|Engine lifespan, km||~400 000|
Disadvantages of the D4162T engine
- The main owner problems are caused by regular oil and antifreeze leaks;
- The Siemens fuel system with piezo injectors is demanding on fuel quality;
- Dosing valve and EGR system get dirty quickly and require frequent cleaning;
- Monitor the condition of the timing belt, as when it breaks, it breaks the rocker in the motor;
- All versions of this diesel engine are equipped with a particulate filter, and its resource is small.