The 2.9-liter twin-turbo Volvo B6294T engine was produced by the company from 2001 to 2006 and was installed on the top modifications of the S80 sedan and XC90 SUV under the T6 index. This power unit is essentially a slightly updated version of the well-known B6284T motor.
The engine was installed on:
- Volvo S80 I (184) in 2001 – 2006;
- Volvo XC90 I (275) in 2002 – 2006.
|Power output, hp||272|
|Torque output, Nm||380|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||83|
|Piston stroke, mm||90|
|Phase regulator||at intake and exhaust|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.7|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Volvo XC90 2003)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the B6294T engine
- Twin-turbo unit is famous not only for high consumption, but also for expensive spare parts;
- The weak point of this motor is the phase regulators, they often break and flow;
- Also, the fan control unit and the fuel pump regularly fail here;
- The timing belt does not always serve the prescribed 100,000 km, and when it breaks, the valves bend;
- Other problems include air leakage in the intake and low resource of engine mounts.